CNA & Home Health AideDecember 11, 2020 2022-09-19 23:21
CNA & Home Health Aide
Certified Nurse Assistant: Classroom or Online Class options
Certified Nurse Assistant
McKallen Medical Training is an official partner of the AMERICAN RED CROSS Nurse Assistant Training Program. Students will learn the essential skills required to fulfill the responsibilities that comprise the full spectrum of patient care, including gathering vital medical information, maintaining a safe, clean environment, assisting patients with daily activities, and communicating vital health information about a patient’s condition to supervising RNs and LPNs and other medical staff. This program will prepare the student for certification by the State of California as an entry-level healthcare worker.
Tuition: $1600 Classroom or Online
Registration Fee: $ 150 (non- refundable)Payment Plan: Payment plans are available with AfterPay. The tuition and Lab fee will be divided into 4 Easy payments with 0% interest
WIOA Financial Assistance is available for students for tuition assistance. Please email admin@mckallenmedicaltraining to begin the WIOA assistance process.
Please CLICK THE LINK BELOW to register and complete the $150.00 registration fee.
Day & Weekend Classroom Schedules
Day Theory Classes are offered on campus in Rancho Cucamonga on Monday – Thursday 8:00am– 4:30pm. Clinicals are available on Monday-Thursdays 7:00am-5:30pm at a local Skilled Nursing Facility. 6 week course
Weekend Theory Classes are offered on campus Saturday & Saturday 8:00am-4:30pm. Clinicals are available on Saturday & Sunday 7:00am-5:30pm at a local skilled nursing facility. 11 week course
**Skills Practice Labs are scheduled on Fridays or Saturdays in Rancho Cucamonga, CA**
Online Evening and Clinical Schedule
Online Theory Classes are offered online via Zoom on Monday – Thursday. 6 week course
Clinicals will be scheduled at local skilled nursing facility: Weekday Clinicals
**Skills Practice Labs are scheduled on Saturdays & Sundays in Rancho Cucamonga, CA or Northridge, CA**
Home Health Aide
The Home Health Aide is an important member of the health care team who, under the direct supervision of a registered nurse, the HHA provides client centered nursing care in the client’s private home. The course is a 40-hour supplemental theory and clinical training program designed to prepare the CNA to become a Certified Home Health Aide. Theory classes will be held in the classroom and clinical hours will be at local skilled nursing facilities.
COURSE PRICE: $ 800.00
Registration Fee: $20.00 (non-refundable)
Required: Active California certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant
Theory: Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Clinical hours: Saturday & Sunday 7:00am-3:00pm
Minimum Admission Requirements
- Ages 16 or above (must have parent or guardian permission if under 18)
- Valid Government Photo ID (Driver License/State ID, Passport etc)
- Social security card or Tax ID Number (TIN) letter from IRS
- Internet Access
- Gmail email account
- Microsoft Word software
- Web camera
**Online classes will be taught via GOOGLE Classroom and ZOOM
Textbook & Workbook
- 1 uniform
- CPR/BLS certification
- Job assistance
- Livescan Fingerprinting
The classes are 6 or 11 weeks long, Theory is taught during the first 3-5 weeks and the clinicals are completed at the skilled nursing facilities.
- Theory Classes are held Monday through Thursday (Week 1-3) or Saturday & Sunday (Week 1-5)
- The online classes are live classes taught via Zoom, you must be logged on to participate in the class
- Clinicals are held Monday through Thursday (Weekday Clinicals: Week 4-6) or Saturday & Sunday (Weekend Clinicals: Week 2-6)
The class time missed will have to made up before receiving a certificate of completion.
Yes, we will assist you with test registration and provide helpful study materials to prepare you for the state exam.
- Yes payment plans are offered for Biweekly payments options
- Tuition payments can be divided into 4 easy payments will AfterPay, students will receive an enrollment link for the tuition payment plan after the course registration form has been submitted.
- WOIA tuition assistance is also available for students, please visit your local center to schedule an appointment to discuss the state tuition assistance program; link: https://www.careeronestop.org/LocalHelp/AmericanJobCenters/find-american-job-centers.aspx
Small class sizes are preferred. 12 students are the maximum for each class session.
We follow the recommended guideline from the CDC, California Department of Health and the policies of the facilities that we have clinical partnerships with. Vaccination is required. Students will be working in healthcare facilities with healthcare providers and immunocompromised patients.
Riverside, Loma Linda, Long Beach, and more to come!
Due to covid delays, some students are experiencing delays with scheduling an appointment for physical and TB clearance. The physical & TB forms must be completed before starting clinical. Please inform the Program Director or your instructor VIA EMAIL if you experience any delay in scheduling your examination.